CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Styrofoam Wall Hanging







I am so excited about this project. I found a brochure at Michael's this week and couldn't resist. The wall in our family room has been desperately needing some color since the couches were re-done. I bought 3 styrofoam panels, and cut them into 12 inch squares. I covered the edges with ribbon, and then attached scrapbook paper. Modge Podge and spray adhesive both seemed to cause bubbles, so I ended up just pinning the paper on the same way I pinned the ribbon. From a distance, you can't tell at all, and the surfaces are perfectly smooth, which was important to me. Then all I had to do was insert the picture hangers in the back, and hang them. I think they look really good, and they are just what I was looking for on that wall, plus they were CHEAP. I'm going to do something similar in the downstairs bath, but I'm waiting for some paper I ordered this week.






0 comments: